Back pain during the holidays takes the joy out of everything. All the activities, events, and shopping can worsen spinal injuries or cause new ones. And trying to power through the pain makes family traditions like tree-trimming, cooking, baking into a very cautionary experience. When selecting a gift for friends or loved ones with back or neck pain they would appreciate a gift designed to help them feel better.
Although the massage devices and foam roller sets don’t work miracles they can ease the stress and discomfort that comes with living with pain.
There is a wealth of products that:
- Support the back
- Relieve muscle tension
- Improve sleep quality
Affordable Back/Neck Gifts
- Epsom salts – A warm Epsom bath reduces muscle soreness, eases stress and soothes the skin. The salts’ magnesium helps the body reduce inflammation along with improving muscle and nerve function. The sulfates help the body absorb nutrients and flush body toxins.
Along with the health benefits, a bath is a nice way to relax after a long day. Gift sets contain a bag of salts, bath bombs, bubble bath, and other goodies.
- Back massage pads – A good massage can relieve aches and pains. Massage pads knead the muscles while you’re watching TV, riding in a car, or resting.
Massagers have various settings that focus on various areas of the back and thighs with vibration and heat. Each massager is different and they have all kinds of modes. You might have to do a little research but the great thing is that they fit in a car/truck seat, office chair, or reclining chair.
- Lumbar (Low Back) cushions – These pillows make sitting in a car, truck or office chair, a whole lot more comfortable with low back support.
Travel cushions are made to take with you on road trips, work commutes, and are heavy-duty to help prevent slouching and ease low back pain caused by long sitting times.
- Foam Rollers – Rollers are great for working out muscle soreness and stiffness. There are a variety of styles that combine foam roller benefits with massage ball portability, as well as, kits that have specialized rollers in different sizes, and shapes for different parts of the body.
Roll out the hips, upper back, calves, feet, and other parts at the house or on the road.
- Massage as a gift – Massages help ease muscle tension, relieve aches and pains, and promote relaxation.
Gift a massage from a local chiropractor or physical therapist.
Look for licensed therapists that are specially trained in treating people with spine or neck pain.
- Ergonomic chair – These chairs are made to support proper posture and reduce stress from long periods of sitting.
Consider a quality office chair. A good chair will have multiple adjustments so you can adjust the armrests, headrest, seat height, and depth. Ergonomic chairs provide more support than a standard office chair.
- An infrared heat lamp – Heat is a solution that increases blood circulation and reduces muscle stiffness.
Heat lamps offer deep penetration that can be used at home for the larger areas of the body like the chest and back. A study found a group of patients that reported their pain levels decreased after six weeks of use.
- Yoga classes – for the fitness people in your life gift a yoga class package.
The American College of Physicians Clinical guidelines recommends yoga as a first step in treating low back pain. As with any exercise program, they need to talk to their doctor before beginning yoga. Yoga Alliance and The International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) are good places to find top qualified instructors.
The gift of relaxation, back support, and especially stress relief of family and friends will give you that fuzzy feeling all over, knowing that you’re helping someone out in a very real way!
Chiropractic Massage Therapy El Paso, TX
Individuals who sit most of the day, like those working in a computer while sitting in an office chair, are also at high risk for non-accidental spine injury. Office ergonomics, or computer ergonomics, can help minimize the risk such as the dangers associated with prolonged sitting in an office chair, and carpal tunnel syndromes, such as lower back pain, neck strain, and leg pain.
The information herein on "Gifts For Back and Neck Pain El Paso, Texas" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified healthcare professional or licensed physician and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Our information scope is limited to chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, sensitive health issues, functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions. We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.* Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. In addition, we provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez or contact us at 915-850-0900.