Cross Sectional Studies
Cross Sectional Studies provide a quick view of the frequency of a disease or other health related characteristics in a population at a certain point in time. This methodology can be used to assess the burden of disease or health needs of a population and is therefore particularly useful in informing the planning and allocation of health resources.
Data is collected on the whole study population at a single point in time to examine the relationship between disease (or other health related state) and other possible variables.
1. They measure the exposure and the outcome at the same time.
2. They estimate the prevalence of a disease or condition.
3. They cannot establish a temporal relationship between the exposure and the outcome.
Analytical cross sectional studies use data on the prevalence of both exposure and health outcome. The data is obtained for the purpose of comparing health outcome differences between exposed and unexposed.
Descriptive cross-sectional studies characterize the prevalence of a health outcome in a specified population. Prevalence can be assessed at either one point in time (point prevalence) or over a defined period of time ( period prevalence). Period prevalence is required when it takes time to accumulate sufficient information on a disease in a population, i.e. what proportion of people cared for by a public health clinic over a year have hypertension. These prevalence measures are commonly used in public health.
For Answers to any questions you may have please call Dr. Jimenez at 915-850-0900
- 1 El Paso, TX Chiropractic Care Hip Labral Tear Treatment 06:43
- 2 Slip And Fall Injury Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 01:55
- 3 Volleyball Injury Sports Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 06:53
- 4 Migraine Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 06:34
- 5 Low Back Pain Chiropractic Care | El Paso, Tx 04:01
- 6 El Paso, TX Massage Therapy Chiropractic Care 08:39
- 7 Neck Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 02:15
- 8 Cerebral Palsy & Chiropractic Care in El Paso, TX 01:45
- 9 El Paso, TX Piriformis Syndrome Treatment Chiropractor 02:58
- 10 Sciatica Pain El Paso, TX Chiroprator 03:02
- 11 ELP Familia Dominguez | Patients/Clients 02:05
- 12 El Paso, TX Chiropractic Neck Pain Treatment 05:08
- 13 Sciatica Nerve Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 01:39
- 14 Carpal Tunnel Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 02:10
- 15 El Paso, TX Sciatica Pain Chiropractic Therapy 04:08
- 16 Sciatic Nerve Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 04:57
- 17 Chronic Pain Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:07
- 18 Most Effective Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 03:16
- 19 Spine Treatment Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 01:58
- 20 *Severe Sciatica* Back Pain Relief | El Paso, Tx (2019) 03:05
- 21 Best Solution for *Sciatic Nerve Pain* | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:30
- 22 *Car Accident Injury* Chiropractic Solution | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:25
- 23 *CAR ACCIDENTS* Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:35
- 24 *Car Accident Injuries* Treatment | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:18