Healthy joints have obvious benefits, including aiding in movement, keeping you flexible and allowing you to stay active. The health of some of your joints is readily apparent—you only have to bend your knees, ankles, elbows or wrists to see how they are functioning at any given moment. But there are some joints in your body that are even more important, although you may not be as aware of them. The joints in your spine, where each vertebra connects to another, are vital to the normal, healthy function of your body. Without healthy spinal joints, you can expect pain and loss of mobility, among other unpleasant symptoms.
Fortunately, keeping your spinal joints healthy is made much easier with regular chiropractic care. Periodic visits to your chiropractor will help you keep your spine operating as well as it possibly can, year in and year out!
Ways that Chiropractic Supports Spinal Joint Health
1. Circulation Increased.
Stiffness in the spine can be caused by a variety of issues, including trauma and degenerative disc disease. While chiropractic cannot prevent the wear and tear that life often brings, it can do a lot to heal that damage. One way that adjustments aid in healing is by increasing circulation to your spinal discs and surrounding tissues. Increased circulation brings in healthy nutrients and removes undesirable material, making it possible for your spine to heal more thoroughly than without good circulation.
2. Pain Reduced or Eliminated.
Back pain can make living a normal life difficult if not impossible. Depending on the frequency and severity of the pain, you may find yourself unable to do many of the things you once enjoyed. Even if you do not lose mobility, back pain can distract and upset you every time it shows up.
The pain in your back can most likely be alleviated through chiropractic care. By returning your spine to proper alignment, your chiropractor can ease pressure on the nerves in your back and encourage muscles and other soft tissue to release. Over time spinal adjustments can greatly reduce or even eliminate back pain, which will help you stay active and improve the health of your spinal joints.
3. Mobility Increased.
Pain in your spine and/or neck is usually accompanied by a loss of mobility. Your muscles may seize up in an effort to protect your spine, which can make it impossible to move normally. Even if you are not suffering from muscle spasms, consistent back and neck pain can make you hesitant to move in ways that will trigger pain. Over time, the lack of movement can cause the body to stiffen and weaken. The longer this goes on, the less likely you are to get the physical activity you need to keep your joints mobile and your body strong.
Chiropractic adjustments are capable of breaking up the stiffness that holds you back. By returning your spine to proper alignment, circulation is increased, pain is decreased, muscles release and mobility returns. It can take time to get back to the way you want to be, but it is time well spent.
Healthy Spinal Joints Require Consistency
The best way to keep your spinal joints healthy over the long-term is to make regular visits to your chiropractor while also maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regimen. Every individual is different, which is why it is important to get customized treatment from your chiropractor. By establishing a relationship with your chiropractor, you can ensure that you are always on the right track for spinal joint health.
Contact us today to learn more about chiropractic care and to schedule an appointment with our team.
Benefit of *STABILIZING ORTHOTICS* | El Paso, TX (2019)
Why Custom Orthotics are Worth The Cost
- People who experience back, hip, and/or foot pain usually turn to orthotics for relief.
- Foot Levelers is the leading custom orthotic provider in the U.S., but custom is not always cheap, as compared with the non-customized, over-the-counter orthotics.
- What’s the difference and why spend money on custom orthotics?
Pain Relief Solutions are Not The Same for Everyone
- What works for one person may not work for you, which is evident by all the different insoles on the market for the same problems.
- Take 10 people, all of who have different levels of activity, weight, age, types of pain and wear different shoes, go to the store for store-bought orthotics, take a quick assessment, and are all told to wear the same insole.
- You need customized care, which is exactly what custom orthotics provide for your body.
- Custom orthotics are created by scanning and assessing your arches, seeing how you distribute your body weight on your feet, and then a unique treatment plan is created especially for you.
The Foundation of the Body is the Feet
- What if you were told that the foundation of your home was cracking and you had two options: put duct tape over the crack and hope for the best or spend a little more money and fix the problem the right way.
- A scan of the feet is used to learn about each foot independently.
- These scans highlight any differences between your feet like one being smaller, wider, or flatter than the other.
- This information is essential to creating orthotics and helps achieve a result that over-the-counter orthotics simply cannot provide.
- Although non-custom orthotics are less expensive, they are basically like putting duct tape on your foundation and may not resolve the issue\s and cause more problems and greater costs.
You Will Save Money In the Long Run
- Custom orthotics are an investment that pays your body back a hundredfold.
- Non-custom orthotics are cheaper and are made with unreliable and usually cheap material. These are not designed to resolve your condition, which forces you to spend more money.
- Paying attention to the foundation of your body provides benefits to the rest of your body, and eliminates the cost of treating all types of discomfort.
- The process of getting custom orthotics begins with a simple foot scan.
- This provides us with important information to keep your body operating optimally.
Spinal Pain and The Feet
Overpronation and over supination can cause a variety of injuries and conditions that affect not only the feet and ankles, but also the knees, hips, and back as well. Foot Dysfunction can very easily cause a domino effect that extends all the way to the back. The feet are the foundation of the body and when there is a problem with the way they function it can cause the entire body to shift out of alignment.
All our organs receive messages from our brain via our spinal cord. The lungs know to breathe in and out because of the messages they receive from the brain. The heart beats because of these messages as well. Every organ in our body is connected to the brain and blocking this connection—even a little—can cause serious health issues. Some health problems are easily felt like numbness in the fingers or a headache. Some troubles are not so apparent like digestive issues or kidney problems. If the spine is out of order, the organs will feel it.