1. Step ups with knee drive: From standing, step onto a bench on your right foot, bringing your left knee into your chest. Step down and repeat on opposite side.
2. Single-leg squat to bench: Sit down on a step with your right leg extended in front of your body. From sitting, lift up to stand on your left leg, then lower back down keeping your right leg extended the whole time. Repeat on opposite side, with your left leg extended out in front of you. Stand up onto your right leg, lower back down.
3. Circle side lunges with dumbbell: Stand tall with legs in a wide straddle stance. Hold dumbbells in front of your chest, with elbows at at 90-degree angle. Hold the weights here as you sink into a side lunge on the right leg, staying low as you move through a squat and shift into a side lunge on the left side. Stand up, return to center, and repeat the circle in the other direction.
RELATED: The Better-Butt Workout
4. Split stance single-leg deadlift: From standing, place your right leg a few inches behind your left leg and raise your heel so your weight is on the ball of your right foot. Holding a dumbbell in each hand, lower the upper body toward the floor with the arms extending down, so the dumbbells almost touch the ground. Raise the upper body back up to stand and repeat movement with the left leg back and the right leg forward.
5. All-four rainbow leg raises: From all fours, raise your left leg off the ground and extend it out behind you. Tap the left toes to the ground on the right side of your body, then tap the toes on the ground on the left side of your body, as if youâ€™re drawing a semicircle with your leg. Repeat movement on the right leg.
All exercises should be approved my your medical provider if you suffer any condition that limits you in any way.
The information herein on "Do These 5 Moves to Boost Your Booty for Wedding Season" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, or licensed physician, and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own healthcare decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Our information scope is limited to Chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, contributing etiological viscerosomatic disturbances within clinical presentations, associated somatovisceral reflex clinical dynamics, subluxation complexes, sensitive health issues, and/or functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions.
We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez DC or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CIFM*, IFMCP*, ATN*, CCST
My Digital Business Card