Toxin Overload Personal Injury Chiropractor
Toxin overload is the condition of having an excessive amount of toxins in the body. Harmful substances can come from water, food, cleaning products, and environmental sources that individuals are exposed to regularly. Toxins are also produced in the body by poor gut health through autointoxication. Considering the number of toxins from food additives, preservatives, and perfumes to cleaning products, cosmetic products, and plastic water bottles, much of everyday life include exposure to chemicals that are not healthy. That’s why it’s recommended to undergo regular detoxes to ensure optimal body function and disease prevention.
One of the main ways toxins damage the body is they poison the enzymes, which prevents the body from functioning correctly. The body relies on enzymes for every physiological function. When toxins damage the enzymes, the production of hemoglobin in the blood is prevented, which can accelerate aging and lead to the failure of energy production and lower protection against oxidated stress. The failure of normal body functions increases the risk of diseases that include:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chemical pneumonia
- Parkinson’s disease
Chronic Digestive Issues
- Individuals can experience chronic gas, bloating, heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, and/or food sensitivities.
- Proper waste elimination is essential to optimal health.
- 80% of the immune system is in the gut, and with a compromised digestive system, toxins can begin to accumulate.
- When the body efficiently delivers nutrients to the cells and eliminates waste, there should be balanced energy throughout the day.
- Toxin overload can cause individuals to experience fatigue, even in individuals that eat healthily and exercise, which could be an indicator of accumulation.
- Chronic fatigue and viral infections could present from a weakened immune system.
Muscle Joint Aches and Pains
- When gut health is compromised, undigested food particles can cause tears in the lining of the intestinal wall leading to a leaky gut.
- The food particles enter the bloodstream and can cause an inflammatory response.
- They can lodge themselves in weak areas of the joints, causing pain and increased muscle soreness.
- Proper digestion and detoxification help eliminate toxins from the joints and muscles and heal the damaged lining.
- Sleep is when the body detoxes, repairs, and rejuvenates itself.
- Sleep problems could be a sign that the body is struggling to detoxify.
- Chronic headaches often result from imbalances in the body resulting from toxin overload and obstructed/blocked detoxification pathways.
Fluid Retention and Congestion
- The lymphatic system is part of the circulatory system. The primary function is to transport lymph, a clear fluid that contains white blood cells essential for regulating inflammation.
- Diet, hormone imbalances, sedentary lifestyle, medications, and genetics can contribute to fluid retention and congestion, causing stagnation of the lymphatic system.
- If the system becomes congested, it can cause pain and swelling.
Unusual Weight Loss or Gain
- Increased belly/visceral fat is the fat stored within the abdominal cavity. This is the most dangerous fat because of its proximity to vital organs like the liver, pancreas, and stomach.
- Visceral fat or active fat influences how hormones function in the body. Stress, lack of exercise, and an unhealthy diet contribute to excess visceral fat.
- Individuals trying to lose weight unsuccessfully could be a sign of having excessive toxins in the body.
- The skin reveals what’s happening inside the body.
- Acne, rosacea, eczema, or other chronic skin issues, could indicate toxins are traveling through the skin.
- When waste is not eliminated thoroughly through sweat, urine, and feces, the body could try to expel it through the skin.
- Improving the body’s digestive and detoxification processes can help heal the root problem.
When the body is misaligned, toxins can begin to accumulate. A toxin overload could affect the body in various ways if left untreated. Chiropractic treatment will realign the body through massage, decompression, and adjustments releasing the toxins into the bloodstream. This can trigger a mild immune response causing cold or flu-like symptoms until the toxins are eliminated from the body. The benefits include:
- Inflammation and swelling alleviation
- Improved stress levels
- Better mood
- Better digestion
- Increased energy
- Balanced pH levels
- Improved immunity
- Decreased risk of disease
Giannini, Edoardo G et al. “Liver enzyme alteration: a guide for clinicians.” CMAJ : Canadian Medical Association journal = journal de l’Association medicale canadienne vol. 172,3 (2005): 367-79. doi:10.1503/cmaj.1040752
Grant, D M. “Detoxification pathways in the liver.” Journal of inherited metabolic disease vol. 14,4 (1991): 421-30. doi:10.1007/BF01797915
Lala V, Goyal A, Minter DA. Liver Function Tests. [Updated 2022 Mar 19]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK482489/
Mattick, R P, and W Hall. “Are detoxification programmes effective?.” Lancet (London, England) vol. 347,8994 (1996): 97-100. doi:10.1016/s0140-6736(96)90215-9
Seaman, David R. “Toxins, Toxicity, and Endotoxemia: A Historical and Clinical Perspective for Chiropractors.” Journal of chiropractic humanities vol. 23,1 68-76. 3 Sep. 2016, doi:10.1016/j.echu.2016.07.003
Professional Scope of Practice *
The information herein on "Toxin Overload Personal Injury Chiropractor" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, or licensed physician, and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own healthcare decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Blog Information & Scope Discussions
Our information scope is limited to Chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, contributing etiological viscerosomatic disturbances within clinical presentations, associated somatovisceral reflex clinical dynamics, subluxation complexes, sensitive health issues, and/or functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions.
We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez DC or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CCST, IFMCP*, CIFM*, ATN*
Licensed in: Texas & New Mexico*
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CIFM*, IFMCP*, ATN*, CCST
My Digital Business Card
Comments are closed.